Saturday, July 12, 2014

Black Love White Doodle Wall



Spending my summer in a very hot climate, I decided to paint my wall black and white to make a cool tone. Well, I doodle the wall (not much of painting). The idea was from Ikea fabric. I really love random cute things on the wall. First I painted the whole wall in white, it didn't take much time. I waited for about the next weekend to make the doodle. That's because 8 don't have much time at work days and I wanted to make sure that the white paint is absolutely dry. 

This was my first mural ever! I was so nervous at first because I have once failed terribly making a girl doodle at my old place. And because the painting will be in black that is the opposite of white, I have to make the doodle nice at first try! What a nerve wrecking... After making a few objects, things are getting more natural and I have so much fun making the doodles. The key is to give the black paint a little bit more water so it can run smoothly while you draw. It took thw whole day to finish that wall.


Even though it seems random, I make up stories along the way. The big picture is about a big park where various creatures gathered. My favorite doodle is the bird with a fedora hat. That is supposed to be Jason Mraz because he sings beautifully, likes to tweet, and wear a fedora hat! Hahaha... What's yours?

No comments: